Friday, January 3, 2014

Happiness: moments or state of mind?

I have been thinking a lot about happiness lately. mine of course, but also the one of the people I care.

It looks like we are been looking for this happiness in the wrong place. or at least in the wrong way. Are we all looking to have it all and we mistaken that for happiness? there was a brief moment where I thought I had it all, I had a good job, I had a boyfriend that I loved, the things were going good, I was living in the city where I always wanted...but something was missing still. I was lost, because I didn't have a goal, something to try to get. So I guess I wasn't really enjoying that status of apparent happiness that I should have felt.

I have been talking with friends too, and for all of us it seems so hard to be happy. Instead for our parents's generations seem so easy and automatic. do we try to reach something unreachable? do we think that have it all, meaning a good job, good relationship, good apartment means be happy, but in reality it doesn't?
is it like everybody said, that happiness need to come from the inside, that is way we never feel it even when we think we should?

or is happiness those few moments when we feel good with ourself and be in peace with ourself and with the world?

and indeed, is happiness a choice? partly? in full?

No comments:

Post a Comment